Thursday, July 9, 2009

\Everytime I run Windows Media Player I get a Microsoft Visual C++ RunTime error No:6034.?

I have un-installed Windows Media Player and I get the same problems occurring when I reinstall. I have also downloaded the MS Visual Studio 5 C++ libraries and still no resolution.





I am also having problems with IE7 for instance on Ebay I cant view the 'How you are protected' section OR I cant post any ads as their upload image feature wont work on IE7. Everything works fine on FireFox. I have also un-installed IE7 and the problems are still there.





Its really annoying me as I cant seem to find any information on this so any help would be appreciated.





Regards


Will

\Everytime I run Windows Media Player I get a Microsoft Visual C++ RunTime error No:6034.?
You might have a faulty codec on your computer.





Windows Media Player uses codecs to decode the audio and video files.





If you have installed any new codecs recently, try uninstalling them to see if the problem still occurs. For example, if you have installed the DivX codec, then try uninstalling it and then seeing if that works.





Assuming that works, download the latest version of the codec and reinstall it.





You can test the theory that the codec is the problem by using mplayer2.exe. Mplayer2.exe is a cut down version of Windows Media Player. This will only work in Windows XP.





To access it, click on the Start Menu, then point to run. In the Run dialog box, type mplayer2, then press Enter.





Try opening a video file in this program to see if it causes the same problem. If you get the same problem in mplayer2 then its likely that the a damaged codec or other shared component such as a Media Player plugin or skin is the cause.





If you have System Restore turned on, then you could consider rolling back your system to a time when you know the system was functioning properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment