Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Runtime error?

I use family tree maker but when I load, I get the message "did not shut down properly last time" and now when I try to merge information I get the web merge wizard giving - Runtime error. c:\programfiles\familytreemaker 2006\FTWexe. - This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. -Tree maker then closes. Can anyone help please ? ( idiots guide if possible)

Runtime error?
I'd try a reinstall! It should overwrite the proggy %26amp; associated files but leave your data intact.





Basically you will be fixing the problem. It sounds to me like something has got corrupted somehow, be it the registry entries or a dll or even the main proggy (FTW.exe!) a reinstall will just put a new copy over the top of the old one.





When you try a reinstall the installer might offer you a repair option, try that first.
Reply:It sounds like an error in the registry. Try a registry cleaner like regcleaner or regscrub.


No comments:

Post a Comment