Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library?

The whole error message says:


"Runtime error!





Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ Office10\WINWORD.EXE





abnormal program termination."








This happened to me this morning when I was typing an essay. I retyped they whole thing and the error happened again when I tried to save it. Now, I am trying to recover it, and every time I do, I get that error message. How do I fix it????

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library?
Dunno what's causing the Runtime Error, but I can suggest a strategy to help you isolate it. Try this: Create a very small file in Word and see if you can save it to a different directory. If you can't you at least know you have a problem not related to the file you're creating. In this case, I'd suggest reinstalling (or repairing) Word from the Office CD.





If you can save the test file, try again, this time into the directory you want to save the real file in. Failure points to something with the directory. Permissions? A corrupted directory?





If the second save succeeds, try recreating your real file a bit at a time in the real directory, saving often to see where it fails. That might give you a clue as to what's causing the problem.





Good luck.

floral deliveries

No comments:

Post a Comment