Sunday, July 12, 2009

Explorer.exe runtime error?

I am using Window XP professional with SP2. I have 2 administratve accounts (adminA and adminB).





I start IE by using the account adminA. Then I switch to the adminB account. I attempt to start IE or a window explorer in the adminB account. However, I cannot start any of them. The following error prompt pops up.





"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error Program c:\winnt\explorer.exe. This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more info."

Explorer.exe runtime error?
I am also dealing with this problem. Have you downloaded/installed any new progams as of late, particularly Google Earth, Warez P2P, or updated Windows Media Player?





I read in some message boards that these may be the culprits... if we both installed these recently, it just might be one of these things conflicting with the OS.





Hope it helps, and let me know so I can also remedy the my problem. It's driving us crazy!
Reply:umm... looks like ur explorer.exe is messed up for some reason.





check the error logs and see if there is a microsoft link to a fix !





if not, probably re-installing the OS is your only way out.

statice

No comments:

Post a Comment